Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pancakes, puddle duck, Friday

I had pancakes for dinner. Yummy. This is the second time in two weeks I've had (sweet, not savoury) pancakes for dinner and I fear...well, sort of...that it's going to become a habit. But I'm in the midst of an allergy elimination diet, so it's nice to have something that feels like a treat.

I've been on the diet for 39 days now and I'm making a lot more progress than on my numerous previous attempts. I'm almost ready to start the next phase, which is adding foods back in one by one to test for a reaction. That's much easier than the initial stage where you cut out pretty much everything that's worth eating. One 'challenge', as they call them, involves eating a lot of strawberries and for another I have to eat dark chocolate. Gotta love being told by your doctor to eat chocolate! 


Puddle duck

The river that I walk along every day to work - the Yarra - is a tidal river and when the tide is low, a section of muddy river bed is exposed underneath the Swan Street bridge. Sometimes there's tracks of webbed footprints in the mud and today the low tide revealed a series of smallish round holes full of water. In one pool sat a small brown duck.

It's Friday tomorrow. Wooh! 

1 comment:

Lindy said...

I love reading your posts, but I would have loved one of your lovely duck photos.:-)