Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cock rock, fireworks and working out

I am home alone, sitting on my couch listening to a bunch of cock rock from the 80s and I am slightly embarrassed to admit how much I am enjoying it. OK, "enjoying" is an understatement. I AM LOVING IT. I'm obviously not embarrassed enough to keep it to myself (and my poor neighbours).

There's Aerosmith, Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi, Slade, Poison, Whitesnake, Quiet Riot and Motley Crue. I am playing it very loudly and I'm singing along. Man, this is taking me back to my teenage years (and reminding me of how awesome living alone is).

I have dubbed it Cock Rock Saturday, but to be honest, I think it's going to be Cock Rock Weekend. Or maybe Cock Rock Week...

Every now and then (when Storm scores during their game at AAMI Park), fireworks burst into the night sky out the window behind me.

I went back to the gym this week. I was feeling sluggish and my work trousers were feeling a little snug. Two visits isn't enough to make a difference, but it feels to get off the couch and do something about it. Now I just have to keep going. That's the really hard bit.
 
A bit of Slade for you...

No comments: