Saturday, March 10, 2012

Major glee

Mr & Mrs Plover always run away when I try to take their picture

Remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned I'd taken steps to fix a situation that was making me unhappy? Well, I can now reveal that I have a new job! Yay! Still legal secretarying, but in a mid-size firm, instead of a huge one. 

I have one week to go in my current job, which I've been enjoying less and less since September last year.  I won't go into the reasons here, but I got fed up with going home grumpy most days and I felt as if all I did was moan about work. I had no confidence that anything would change, so I changed jobs. 

The second best bit is that I get THREE WEEKS OFF before starting the new job. I'm not going away  - I'll be having a staycation, three weeks of pottering around at home, working on neglected crafty projects and getting out and about to take photos, maybe even a few day trips to places I haven't been before. Yes, I have started compiling a to-do list. I'm rather looking forward to it. 

3 comments:

Lindy said...

All the best for your new job and have a great staycation.

a work in progress said...

congrats on the new job, and YAY! for the staycation - that sounds like so much relaxing fun! :)

Jayne said...

Thanks ladies! Only five days of work to get through until my glorious staycation begins. I imagine my posting here will get back to being more regular come this Friday 5.15pm!