Saturday, October 10, 2009

Good things


I've not been in a good mood lately. In fact, the past couple of days I've been in a positively rotten mood (or should that be negatively rotten?) and it's got to the point where I'm getting really sick of myself.

But I don't seem to be able to talk myself out of it. I'm better today since I'm not at work, but I'm far from gleeful. I feel like a fraud!

I think part of the reason I'm cranky is because I'm so tired and I'm also in the midst of another attempt at completing an elimination diet to diagnose my food intolerances. It's pretty hard going. I don't like deprivation. I do like eating. It's not doing wonders for my spirits, but I am feeling physically better, which I am pleased about, but it's hard to maintain it day in, day out in the glaring absence of chocolate.

In an attempt to chivvy myself out of the grumps, every day until I feel cheerier, I'm going to blog about all the good things that happened in my day, which will hopefully not just be things like "I didn't get the sack" or "I didn't split my pants in public".

So. Today's good things...

* I got to have a little sleep in, but I still got up before my alarm.

* It was a beautiful sunny day.

* I walked nearly 15 kms, including a quick stroll through the Botanic Gardens in the late afternoon sun.

* Then I had a little rest under my doona, read my book and listened to Wagons (still under doona listening to Wagons. I'm worn out!).

* I visited my osteo for a good bone cracking and a chat. I like my osteo.

* Porridge.


By the way, next month is NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month - the blog version of NaNoWriMo) and I'm going to participate, which means I will be posting every single day. It's one of my 101 Things to do Before I'm 40.

2 comments:

Debbs said...

Good on you for choosing to find the good stuff! Will be cheering you on as I know how hard it can be at times to find positives. But you live in an amazing city, which I miss (I now live in QLD) and it has many hidden happy spots - you just need to find them... good luck!

Mandy said...

I started from your latest post and worked my way down! Even though you've been a bit blue lately, your blog still uplifts which I think is great.

Good luck with the elimination diet. Food intolerances can also make us blue and sad so maybe this could help?