I've not been in a good mood lately. In fact, the past couple of days I've been in a positively rotten mood (or should that be negatively rotten?) and it's got to the point where I'm getting really sick of myself.
But I don't seem to be able to talk myself out of it. I'm better today since I'm not at work, but I'm far from gleeful. I feel like a fraud!
I think part of the reason I'm cranky is because I'm so tired and I'm also in the midst of another attempt at completing an elimination diet to diagnose my food intolerances. It's pretty hard going. I don't like deprivation. I do like eating. It's not doing wonders for my spirits, but I am feeling physically better, which I am pleased about, but it's hard to maintain it day in, day out in the glaring absence of chocolate.
In an attempt to chivvy myself out of the grumps, every day until I feel cheerier, I'm going to blog about all the good things that happened in my day, which will hopefully not just be things like "I didn't get the sack" or "I didn't split my pants in public".
So. Today's good things...
* I got to have a little sleep in, but I still got up before my alarm.
* It was a beautiful sunny day.
* I walked nearly 15 kms, including a quick stroll through the Botanic Gardens in the late afternoon sun.
* Then I had a little rest under my doona, read my book and listened to Wagons (still under doona listening to Wagons. I'm worn out!).
* I visited my osteo for a good bone cracking and a chat. I like my osteo.
By the way, next month is NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month - the blog version of NaNoWriMo) and I'm going to participate, which means I will be posting every single day. It's one of my 101 Things to do Before I'm 40.