Monday, December 7, 2009

Dear reader



A couple of weeks ago I got an email from a reader who said he had signed up to sponsor a child through the Smith Family's Learning for Life program after reading my blog about it.

If you are reading this now, I haven't been ignoring you! I've somehow managed to delete your email without trace. I'm hoping you are reading this, because I wanted to tell you how pleased I am that you decided to help give a kid a brighter future. Yay for you.

It also feels pretty good knowing I played a part in it too.

(Feel free to email me privately again if you'd prefer not to make a public comment. )

2 comments:

Emm said...

I think that is pretty awesome that you inspired someone to sign up. Good for you and good for the new sponsor.

Frisky Librarian said...

Hi Emm. Yes, it is pretty awesome. I mean, I hoped by writing about the program that I might encourage someone to join up, but I didn't actually think it would work! So I'm surprised and pleased about it.