Saturday, January 23, 2010

Nice



The view from Wurundjeri Way last night

You know what's nice? When you have low expectations of someone and they prove you wrong. This happened to me today and it gladdened my heart. It was also quite a relief as it will help to make a bad situation more bearable.  (I guess this is not really in the realm of simple pleasures.)

You know what else is nice? Cotton pillow cases worn soft by years of laundering. I lay my head down on my pillow at night and think, "Aaaaah".

And also, Weet-bix are ace. (And yes, far more nutritious than Frootloops).

2 comments:

Erin Happycamper said...

I also love it when people outdo my expectations....not that that I set them very high.

Jayne said...

Hey Erin. I think generally I tend to set my expectations a little too high which leads to disappointment. But it's hard to lower them.

In the case I mentioned, they were justifiably low based on previous experience but the people concerned really, REALLY exceeded expectations.