Sunday, March 22, 2015

Mundanity and the benefits of laziness

Mmm...pancakes

I like this description of intimacy by Sophie Heawood in her piece What you need to know about men
Intimacy is the quiet mundanity of being known, and loved, and loving. Intimacy is not dramatic. Sometimes, intimacy is as mundane as holding someone’s hand on the way to the shop to buy some milk.
Mundanity isn't always bad... 

Luke made yummy vegetable pasta for dinner tonight. 

I'm looking forward to sliding in between cool, clean sheets when I go to bed very soon. I confess I'm not one of those people who changes their sheets once a week. I'm one of those lazy people who does it whenever they can be bothered (as with most domestic duties). I think this means I appreciate clean sheets more because I don't experience it as often as others. (That's my story and I'm sticking with it.)


No comments: