Saturday, June 13, 2009

Quizzy coincidence, Seuss and soup

Chapel Street

Question 13 from today's Good Weekend quiz:

Which book begins: 'Where's Papa going with that axe?' said Fern to her mother as they were setting the table for breakfast'?

I know! Charlotte's Web! I just finished reading it in the bath on Wednesday night!


Oops...

Gosh it's easy to spend $100 at a bookshop, isn't it? I went a bit silly at Borders again today. I bought four more Dr Seuss books to add to my collection. I've now read 26 of his 65(ish) books (if you include those written under pseudonyms).

I also bought two non-fiction books.


Souperb (sorry!)

I made soup this week. When winter approaches, I try to prepare myself for it by thinking of the good things about cold weather, which include nice hot, homemade soup. And then I never make any.

But not this winter! I made some cream of vegetable soup. I even made the stock. It's a not-very-appetising snot colour, but it's palatable, nutritious and also low allergy.

Next up I'm thinking...cream of brussels sprouts soup. Really! Stop gagging. I love the tiny cabbages.

2 comments:

Abbeysmum said...

You are just wicked !
Your descriptions of soup are enough to turn us all off eating our vegies for life.
We probably all have Mums who turned us off Brussel sprouts by over cooking them, they are delicious if you just barely steam them, add butter and S&P....yummmm
Will email my famous Curry and Lentil Vegie soup,Hope you are Keeping warm.

Katrina said...

Just saw this and thought of your brussel sprout soup.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25653684-663,00.html