Thursday, August 6, 2009

Astor cat patting

"All right then. Just one photo. Make it snappy."


I went to the Astor Theatre last night to see Shine a Light, Martin Scorsese's rockumentary on the Rolling Stones. I also went to see and pat the theatre's house cat.

It seemed unimpressed with the intrusion, until I offered pats anyway. You'd think it would be used to having its sleep interrupted by now.

My friend Anthony went to the Astor a few weeks back and the cat sat on his lap though the entire movie - a Bond movie, I think it was. I had to make do with the pat. Maybe Astor kitty doesn't like the Stones?

I, however, do like the Stones. I'm not a long time fan, but Shine a Light is awesome (I've seen it twice now). I also ate a sensational wildberry choc top. So...a good night but I knew it was going to be good because the ticket machine at Richmond Station gave me too much change, I made it to the train with a minute to spare and a nice man put my seat down for me (it was one of the flip-up ones). Good omens!

6 comments:

dam buster said...

Did he feel like Ernst Stavro Blofeld form the Bond movies??

Julian said...

I remember that cat! :)

Jayne said...

Hey db. Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Hi Julian. From how long ago? Apparently it's getting quite elderly.

Julian said...

Earlier this year, I think... It did look pretty venerable. Something tells me it'll be sadly missed!

Unknown said...

Oh, he's too sweet! I'd miss the entire show if there was a cat in the theater ... just love them! Love the Rolling Stones, as well!

Don't you just love it when all the stars are aligned, the world is filled with nice people and extra money falls into your hands ... a very nice omen, indeed!

Take Care!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Julian said...

Heheh, just properly read the caption you had for that photo. :) It -does- look like that, doesn't it?