Wednesday, October 5, 2011

New Seuss, refreshment, new music

There's a new Dr Seuss book! It's a called the Bippolo Seed and Other Lost Stories and we Suess fans can thank a dentist with a passion for Dr Seuss, vintage magazines and eBay for this new book. Thank you, mister!   I have already purchased my copy online.

I think I've written about this before, but it's so delicious it bears repeating:  tonic water with fresh lime and passionfruit juice - if you look up "refreshment" in the dictionary, you will see a picture of that beverage right there. Of course  a shot of gin goes nicely too.

I've also mentioned (The Whole) Kit & Caboodle on Adelaide's Three D Radio before, but I'm going to mention that again too, dammit. I've been tuning in to hear Jade and Susie do their thing on Tuesday afternoons for the past couple of weeks and I tell ya, their show is a sure-fire mood-lifter after a long, cranky day at work. They're sexy, smart, funny and engaging as hell,  and the music is super cool. If you like your music with a heavy dose of retro, tune in online at 5.30 (Melbourne time).

Here's one of the new additions to my music library thanks to Jade and Susie: Kim Lenz and Her Jaguars.


* Not-so-gleeful news: the swan pair I wrote about yesterday built their nest below the tide line and it looks as if the river has washed away their egg(s). *sad face*

1 comment:

Cam said...

Dr Seuss brings me here.

Bizarre.

You want summer refreshing drink? Lemon, Lime & Bitters.... did I mention the shot of Irish Whiskey in it?

Try it once, thank me later.