Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Salad days

I made a salad on Sunday night to take for my lunch on Monday - or at least I chopped up all the ingredients and packed them into the little containers and compartments of my nifty Nude Food Rubbish Free Lunchbox, ready for assembly and dressing at work. 

Then on Monday morning I went to the fridge, grabbed my breakfast shake, snacks and the salad dressing, shut the fridge, packed my bag and left for work. Forgot the salad, dammit. 

But I remembered it this morning and it was still good. Delicious, in fact. 




The ingredients are rocket, baby spinach, roasted pumpkin, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, baby beetroot, bocconcini and toasted pinenuts, with a garlic-infused olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing. Simple, but tasty and good for me. 

I've roasted more pumpkin for my lunches for the rest of the week. I didn't like pumpkin as a kid, but I've really grown to like it in the last few years, especially roasted. When I was cutting it up before, I could its sweet, fresh aroma. Yum. 

I ran/walked around the Tan again after work. I really, really didn't feel like it, but I tricked myself into putting on my exercise gear by telling myself I'd just walk around the Tan because that's still better than nothing. It was harder tonight than the last couple of times, but that's probably because I added a few extra sets/reps to my gym routine last night and it was nearly 30 degrees this evening. I still passed a couple of people though. Go, me. 


No comments: