Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Diary of fun


There's quite a bit of fun stuff in my diary for the next few weeks. Plenty to be excited about and look forward to. I love that feeling.

On the weekend I will meet Thomas James, my friend's baby who was born last week, and I'm also seeing by fave band Wagons (again!) supporting US alt-country singer-songwriter Justin Townes Earle (son of Steve Earle) at the Thornbury Theatre.

Next week I have tickets to see UK comic Daniel Kitson's show We are Gathered Here, which is showing as part of the Melbourne Fringe Festival. The Festival kicked off last week. I haven't had a thorough look at the program yet, but so far I'm also going to the opening night of iMap at the City Library, which features a gigantic map of the CBD on the wall of their gallery space. Visitors will be able to share a memory of something that happened to them in the city and it will be attached to the corresponding place on the map. I need to think of something worthy of sharing....

The Melbourne International Arts Festival starts in a week or so too and I've decided I'm going to go see the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. I've never been to see an orchestra before. The London Philharmonic Orchestra is performing also, but tickets are, unsurprisingly, a little on the expensive side.

The opening night celebration also looks good. Better put that in my diary too...

And I'm doing sewing classes! I'm going to pretty much learn to sew all over again since I remember very little from high school textiles classes. My friend Anna and I are going to do classes at the very groovy Thread Den. There's three modules to equip you with the basics and then in the fourth module, we'll make an A line skirt. I hope I don't suck at it...

3 comments:

Fantastic Forrest said...

What a collection of fun-ness awaits you! :-)

Anonymous said...

I support US alt-ctrl-del country.

Orchestra, keep an eye on the demonic conductor.

chrome3d said...

Have fun with all that stuff. You should because you got all that money back. Money should go around.