Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Gleeful is 1!

Today is special for three reasons: it's the first day of spring, it's Gleeful's first birthday and this is my 200th post. Yay, yay and yay!

The blog has turned out to be a little less frequent than I envisaged, but I still can't believe it's been 12 months since I kicked off with a post about the Muppets and an R rated movie. And I can't be stopped now. I'm the Glee Monster. Rarrrrr!

It's been a joy to write Gleeful - to go through the year seeking out and celebrating the simple pleasures that life can offer if you open your eyes to them. I know it sounds cheesy, but I really do believe that the secret to happiness is being able to appreciate small things, because that's mostly what life is - a string of small things. I'm certainly a lot happier - and a lot nicer to be around - since I worked that out.

Of course a big, big thank you to all of you for reading and commenting. I would have kept writing the blog anyway if nobody read it (well, I think I would have...) but you've made it so much more rewarding. You've been the yummy icing on the chocolate cake of glee.

And now for some Muppets to celebrate:



PS I also celebrated with actual chocolate cake.

12 comments:

Leo said...

Congratulations on your 1st Birthday!
You have a wonderful blog, and this little award is for you!

(Not for display, I'm afraid.. just for a giggle.) :)

DiscoveredJoys said...

Hi!

Just a few words to thank you for sharing your pleasures with us over the last year.

I'm a firm believer in putting the joy into the journey rather than saving it for the destination; it's great to see someone else doing the same.

Jayne said...

Hi Leo. Aw, thank you. That's fantastic! I'm going to print it out and keep it.

Hello DiscoveredJoys. Yup, you're talking my language ;) Thanks for dropping in.

S3XinthePantry said...

congrats on your blog-o-versary!

Abbeysmum said...

Well Done ! congratulations on a whole year of Glee.
I think I found you about the first week.. did you know there is to be a tv show called "Glee" coming in the next few weeks ? I think it will be Thursdays, not sure what channel, will let you know.

Katrina Fries said...

Believe it or not I think quite a few people read your blog. It was recommended in Stumbleupon.

Happy Birthday Gleeful!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was Helen Reddy, with a semi-American accent...
Anyhoo, happy biRRRthday!
Martin

Jayne said...

Hi Abbeysmum. Yes, you've been here for the long haul. How did you find me, do you remember?

I did know about Glee - I saw some of the preview episode when it was on a while back. I only recently found out what a glee club actually is. I wonder why they have that name?

Hi Kat. Seriously?! I had no idea! That's ace! I pay no attention at all to my statistics, partly because it's all a bit confusing and partly because I'm not trying to claw my way to the top of the blogging tree. But it's very nice to be Stumbled.

Hey Martin. Thanks. Yes, Helen Reddy sounding American. I guess Aussie accents weren't as acceptable back then.

Abbeysmum said...

Hi Jayne, I found you on 3BT.
Hope you enjoyed the chocolate cake, I am a well known chocaholic among my friends and part of a recent Birthday gift was a big slice of chocolate tart that was soooo good, I made it last 3 snacks.

Jayne said...

Belated happy birthday!
Love your pics from the previous couple of posts, been catching up on blog reading of late ;)
Congrats on winning the book, too, well deserved :)

chrome3d said...

Good for you. Keep them coming.

dam buster said...

How did I miss this post Jayne?
Gawd I am a shocker.

Happy nearly 2nd Bday to Gleeful!
And Happy Belated 1st too!!!!

I hope the bday cake was suitable Gleeful too?