Thursday, September 24, 2009

Like comfy slippers



I had drinks after work tonight with a friend I haven't seen all year and it was really great to see her again. We had a good chat and it was just like old times (well, perhaps more sober than the old times).

She's one of those people who always makes me feel good about myself - she has such a knack for giving compliments!

We used to work together at the firm where I work now, but she's only just across the street from me, so there's no excuse for us not catching up more often.

I'm a little annoyed with myself because I seem to have quite a few friends I don't keep in regular contact with for various reasons - and often for no good reason, but on the positive side, they are the kind of friendships that can withstand the neglect. They take up where they left off and still make you feel good. Like slipping into a pair of old comfy slippers!

2 comments:

S3XinthePantry said...

I do that too. I want to see someone, intend to make a call / answer and email...but time goes by. Sounds like you had some great catching up!

dam buster said...

It is good to have a few friends like that where you can pick things up even though you haven't gotten together for a while.

They are the good ones as you will always keep in touch because they are not too high maintenance and do not care so much if you do not meet on a regular basis.