Sunday, September 20, 2009

Daisy chains, new growth and biscuits


I love these little daises. They're growing everywhere along the banks of the Yarra at the moment. I know they're only weeds, but they remind me of when I was a kid, sitting in the paddock behind our house with friends making daisy chains.

I was also pleased to see, on my walk into the city this afternoon, that the trees along the north side of the river are starting to get their leaves back. For some reason, they take longer to recover from winter than the trees on the other side, but I was a little worried that they weren't going to recover from the scorching heat of last summer at all. I think they'll be OK. For now...another hot summer is forecast. Yikes.

I just made some Anzac biscuits and the kitchen smells yummy. The biscuits are tasty too. Better than my last effort! I'm six days into another attempt at completing an allergy elimination diet, so it will be nice to have a tasty treat for morning tea this week. I just have to try not to eat them all tonight. Not my strong suit.

2 comments:

kazari said...

I remember making daisy chains out of those ones, too.
This is such a cheerful time of year!

Puca said...

“A weed is no more than a flower in disguise.”
- James Russell Lowell (1819-1891)