Sunday, February 21, 2010

Birthday and feng shui

Pink sky at night....

It was my adorable quasi-nephew's third birthday today so I travelled out to visit, presents in hand. Of course I was pleased that he played with my presents all afternoon  - a Bob The Builder chainsaw (with moving, whirring 'blade') and a purple car that makes revving and wheelie noises. ("Is it a Hummer?" he asked.) Still, I guess cars and power tools will always win out over clothes and books. Aunty Jayne rocks!  He chainsawed the furniture ("Why are you sawing the couch?" "It's my job.") and tried to chainsaw his cousin but she ran off.

My flatmate did a feng shui make-over of the loungeroom this morning. I'm very skeptical about the whole feng shui thing, but the place sure does look better. More welcoming and roomier. I likes it. It's fun changing the furniture around. It's a tiny bit like being in a new place.

Before the couches were in an L-shape, one with its back to the door which apparently is a feng shui faux pas.

If I do suddenly meet the love of my life or win the lottery, I'll know who to thank though...

3 comments:

Kellyansapansa said...

I always think that rooms look better when the furniture gives a spacious feel. Whether it's good feng shui or not, less clutter always looks better in my opinion!

Deidre said...

The room looks great!

boys love their trucks and tools!

Erin Happycamper said...

Happy for you. And I LOVE your list of resolutions!

<3 <3 <3