Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mushies!


It's mushroom season. I saw these beside the river on my way to work this morning. It was a beautiful sunny morning and the mushrooms were sparkling with dew. I didn't have time to take any close-ups, dangit! I love photographing fungus (I won't eat it though).

This reminds me of when I was a kid growing up on a farm. One autumn my brother and I went mushrooming and there were HUNDREDS of mushrooms growing by a stream, each one bigger than the last until we were picking mushies as big as dinner plates! We were in paroxysms of delight. We took home as many as we could carry.

Mum cooked them and the whole house stank of mushrooms. Dad was the only one who ate them and...er...he was a little unwell afterwards. Oops.

Tomorrow is Friday already! Yay! Gotta love a three-day working week.

No comments: