Friday, January 14, 2011

Seagull seagull seagull goose


A goose has taken up residence near the boatsheds in the city (that is a goose, right?). I've seen it several times now. This was at the start of my walk home tonight.

It was a beautiful night for a walk. The rain has cleared and the humidity has eased, but it was still pleasantly warm. I've mentioned it before, but I love walking along the river in the dark -  flying foxes on the wing, insects buzzing in the grass, city lights reflecting on the black, glassy river, AAMI Park's multi-coloured fairy lights twinkling across the water, and hardly anyone else around.

Finally - it's Friday! Hurrah!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is seriously cold in my neck of the woods. How nice to visit your blog and "feel" the warmth!

Lovely photo! :-)