Saturday, March 26, 2011

New friend, vrooom, cooler

I can't believe I haven't written here about the joy of having a new friend!  Well, I have a new friend  - "my friend" of recent posts. We've been hanging out for about a month. He's awesome and fun and gives great hugs. My life is better with him in it.

Today we went for a wander in the backstreets of Richmond. I kicked up leaves on the path as I walked (yay for leaves!). We saw this fabulous old building off Church Street, near Swan:


And this old sign on Bridge Road:


We went looking for eels in the gardens again and saw several (or maybe the same one several times...). It's ace being with people who get excited by the little things like I do.

The Formula 1 Grand Prix is on this weekend. I like being able to hear the cars from my flat. The track is only a couple of kilometres away. Vrooooooooooooooooom!

I'm glad of the cooler weather. I'm enjoying getting back into tights and boots and being able to sleep under the doona every night. I'm looking forward to wearing my fat, puffy parka again (when it gets much colder than this). 

The transition from summer to autumn is one of my favourite times of the year, especially the way the sunlight softens to a hazy gold and the leaves turn to red and orange before they fall.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

I did wonder who this new friend was when I spotted comments about him/her. Is more info forthcoming? who is this person? how did you meet? pic? describe? etc.

PS congrats on being made permanent in your job. Do you like it?