Sunday, May 29, 2011

New toy, motivated, tonic

I bought a new camera! Whoop! It was a spur of the moment purchase to reward myself for sticking to my allergy diet for a week. I didn't intend to buy something so expensive as a treat - the diet is hard, but sticking to it for a week isn't that big a deal. I thought I'd pop into JB Hi-Fi to buy a CD or a DVD, but I  came out with a sleek new Canon Powershot SX230 HS. I have been thinking about upgrading for a little while and it was marked down by $70 so... I can't wait for the battery to charge so I can play with it

The girl who served me at JB asked if I was going on holidays and I told her I wasn't, it was a complete impulse buy and she  high-fived me. Pretty sure that's the first time I've been high-fived by a sales assistant.

I went to the gym again today. I've been struggling for months to get myself there on a weekend, but today I did it, even though I didn't want to. I thought about how Luke gets up to exercise in the dark before work and decided I should stop being a lazy sook.

In other diet-related gleefulness, I thought tonic water was forbidden on the diet, but last night I discovered a little bit occasionally is allowed. Hurrah! I had a gin and tonic to celebrate.

No comments: