Monday, May 7, 2012

Golden, dumplings, warm

I had a beautiful view from my desk late this afternoon. The sun was low in the sky, reflecting off the city buildings against a backdrop of grey clouds. It was so golden and glowing. I took a photo with my phone, but it didn't come close to doing justice to the scene, partly because of the reflection from the lights in my office. 

I made lamb stewp for dinner - a cross between soup and stew. This is the third time I've made it in the past few weeks and it was the best batch yet. I made the stock with lamb shanks last night and tonight threw in a heap of vegetables and the meat from the shanks. I also made parmesan and chive dumplings which I plopped in the pot to cook in the stock. They were yummy. Good, hearty winter fare. There's leftover too. 

The heat has come back on in my building and it's nice and warm around the clock again. Aaaaaah (not so 'aaaaaaah' for the environment, however). 

No comments: