Saturday, September 1, 2012

Blogiversary, counting down, Little Library

Happy first day of spring! Happy birthday to Gleeful! Four years old today. It was a beautiful sunny day. I had a massage in the morning (the ouchy type, not a pampering one) and then got my hair and nails done.  I'm still keeping up this girly girl caper (although I think my biker boots balanced it out).

And all day I've been counting down the hours until Luke gets back. His plane is due to land in just over three hours. I wish I could meet him at the airport so I get to see him sooner and because it's lovely to walk off the plane into a big hug.   I'll just have to be patient...

Here's another Mali. This one's in front of Melbourne Central, near the corner of Swanston and Elizabeth Streets.



I entered Melbourne Central by going up an escalator I've never been on before and finding myself in unfamiliar territory, which doesn't happen very often in one's own city. And look what I found!



It's the Melbourne Central Little Library - a small space that could have had a shop in it, but instead it's got shelves of books for people to borrow. What a fantastic idea. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like you, I did not know about the library. I avoid Melb Central. I don't like it. Much prefer QV.

Dina Roberts said...

I like the library.

Happy Blogiversary!!

Lindy said...

Wow! Four years. Congratulations! I love reading your blog.