Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunshine, Henry again, roasting

Twas a glorious spring day in Melburnia today

Luke and I enjoyed the Henry Wagons show at Hamer Hall yesterday. Henry's an engaging personality and loves a chat when he's on stage with the band, so it wasn't surprising that he was entertaining when doing more talking than rocking.  The Performance Enhancers series features musicians talking about their inspirations and influences, musical and otherwise. 

I had a good spot right in the centre of the third row, with no-one in the seats in front of me. I managed not to swoon.

Henry performed several songs, including one of my Wagons' favourites, Never Been to Spain, a cover of a song written by Hoyt Axton and performed by Elvis. "Fat Elvis" is one of Henry's musical inspirations - he even had fat Elvis as his special topic when he appeared on the music quiz show Rockwiz. 

Here's a stripped back live version with just Henry and his guitar, which is what we saw yesterday.


I've been listening to Wagons all afternoon while pottering around at home, with all the  windows open to let in the fresh spring air. There's couple of large windows in my living area, so I don't feel like I'm missing out by spending a sunny day inside. 

I have a lamb shoulder in the oven, with loads of vegies, garlic and rosemary. My flat smells like roasting garlic. Yummmmm. 

I love these symmetrical photos of underground railway stations. 

1 comment:

Lindy said...

Thanks for the introduction to Henry Wagons. I shall do some more investigating about him.