Tuesday, November 3, 2015

November: day 3

Luke and I decided to go beyond our usual brunch/lunch hangouts today so we ventured over the Westgate Bridge to the pretty seaside suburb of Williamstown. 

I just love the little old cottages there  - they are so damn cute - and it's a great spot for ghost sign hunting. I don't have any photos of the cottages or ghost signs, so you'll have to take my word for it. 

I do have photos of lots of boats though. We saw the usual ranks of yachts and the HMAS Castlemaine  (which is permanently moored at Gem Pier), but also some huge cruise ships docked at Station Pier and a container ship (sans containers) making its way out to the bay. 

Cruise ships to the right. They were bigger than they look here
(I didn't have my 'real' camera so the photos aren't great) 


 Yachts


 More yachts and the Westgate in the distance


 HMAS Castlemaine (now a museum)


 Boats and a bit of the city skyline


Love this old boat


It was breezy on the pier

We saw starfish in the shallows (Me: Look! Starfish! It always thrills me seeing creatures in the water) and an egret fishing for lunch. After having an icecream, we headed off home. 

Back to work tomorrow but now there's only three days until the weekend! 


No comments: