Wednesday, November 4, 2015

November: day 4

Melbourne this evening

I went to the gym tonight for the first time in a looooong time. I've hardly been at all this year. After I moved offices last June the gym became a 20-minute walk away, and at the end of the day, when I was already worn out, it was all too hard (getting up to go to the gym before work is WAY too hard). 

Eventually I decided to switch to a gym closer to work, which wasn't an easy decision because I'd been a member at the Melbourne City Baths for 10 years. It's a great gym, but it's no longer convenient. No point belonging to a great gym if you never go. 

My new gym is right across the road from work and only a block from the tram I catch home. It's shiny and new and runs a lot of classes. No excuses now...

I'm not in great shape and have little energy, so I didn't push myself too hard tonight. But I went! Yay, me! 

I feel as if I've patted myself on the back for returning to the gym quite often on this blog. Hopefully I actually stick at it this time... 

No comments: