* A tasty dinner ending with yummy lemon tart at a restaurant (called Birdie Num Nums!) with a bunch of new friends.
* Exploring a street I've never been to before and thinking, "Hey, I feel really at home here".
* A man with his face painted like Marcel Marceau...driving a Magna stationwagon (one of the dullest, most conservative family cars there is).
* A beautiful and unusual flower (above). Is it an azalea?
* Half-peeled banana cufflinks. I'd like to meet the guy who'd wear them!
* A drunken sailor - or at least a very disconsolate dude in a sailor suit - sitting on the steps at Windsor train station.
* A pair of dogs standing at the automatic door of a Priceline store looking in after their owner, the golden retriever's nose just poking inside.
* An hour spent nosing about the Chapel Street Bazaar second-hand wonderland. I saw framed prints of 1940s "nudie cuties" nestled up to a picture of Jesus, the ugliest Madonna and baby Jesus ornament in existence (below - that's seashells stuck on a heart with sand glued to it) and a chocolate tin the same as the one my mum used to keep her loose buttons in when I was a kid. It was priced at $58!
* Saying Onitsuka Tigers (the brand of my new sneakers) in my head with a silly Japanese accent.