Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bouncy, bouncy, yum yum

I took my new gym shoes for their first run tonight. They were pleasingly bouncy. I don't know if it was because of my springy new shoes or because I now know that I'm quite fit, but I ran way more than I walked tonight, and for longer intervals. I'm going to the gym again tomorrow night for a run through of my new program. 

Did I tell  you about the energy-boosting snack I've been having before my gym sessions? (I'm too lazy to check.) Today's batch was made with vanilla yogurt and walnuts and it was SO scrumptious. I can't wait to eat it again tomorrow (but I will). If anyone's interested, here's what in it: 

  • 3 tablespoons of vanilla yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons of frozen blueberries
  • 5 or 6 walnut halves
  • 2 tablespoons of homemade seed mix (sesame, poppy, sunflower and chia seeds, pepitas and desiccated coconut, dry-fried then ground up)
  • a drizzle of maple syrup. 
It would make a pretty good breakfast too. 


No comments: