Monday, July 23, 2012

It is all secret, mystery and marvel

I'm still going to the gym. That must be about two months now. Going on past experience, I'm hesitant to declare that I've (re)created a habit, but I'm pleased with my stickability so far. 

My new weights program is hard, which is good, but by the time I get to my cardio workout my energy is rather depleted. But I persist and do what I can. I remind myself of this quote I found via Pinterest: 
No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everyone on the couch
I also think of this quote from Voltaire: 
The perfect is the enemy of the good.
I think of this quote quite often - it's a good mantra for life, I reckon.  Sometimes good is enough. Ease up on yourself. 

While I'm reciting quotes, one of my Twitter friends tweeted this quote by Santiago Ramon y Cajal last week. I think it's apt for this blog.  
It is strange to see how the populace, which nourishes its imagination with tales of witches or saints*, mysterious events and extraordinary occurrences, disdains the world around it as commonplace, monotonous and prosaic, without suspecting that at bottom it is all secret, mystery and marvel.
 *This was written in 1937. Today it would  say "vampires and celebrities". 

Another Pinterest find: check out these spectacular photos of rare and fantastical clouds. Mother Nature is amazing.

I forgot to mention I bought a slow cooker on Saturday. I'm just about to go and load it up with a lamb shoulder and vegies in preparation for dinner tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to coming home to the aroma of lamb. 


No comments: