Thursday, July 5, 2012

Deni, chilly, smelly, zingy

Foggy morning


Luke and I are off to Deniliquin, my hometown in southern New South Wales, tomorrow afternoon for a family get-together to celebrate my birthday. We'll be able to stay a day longer than our last visit in July last year, which means more time to spend with my mum and to take photos. I'm really looking forward to it. 

It's going to be really cold overnight while we're there - down to 0 degrees C one night and -2 the next. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm looking forward to wearing my super warm parka though. I haven't worn it at all this winter. The days are meant to be fine and sunny, and not too cold. Perfect. 

I'm still loving The Etymologicon. It's marvelous - it blows my mind a little bit on every page. Some of the origins of words and connections between words are just so bizarre, you couldn't make it up. I'll save up all the mind-blowing bits and regale you with them in one (probably very long)  post.  

I bought two bunches of jonquils on the way home last night - one yellow and one creamy white. When I opened my front door tonight, I was met with their heady aroma. It can be a little strong, but I like it. 

Speaking of nice smells, I gave my Docs a coat of beeswax leather conditioner tonight. I love the smell of that too. 

I had blood orange gelato for dessert tonight. It had a zing to it almost like sherbert. Yum. 

No comments: