Monday, October 18, 2010

Butterflies, birds and the John Steel Singers

Duckzzzzzzzz


It started to rain when I left work this evening, but I got to use my purdy new umbrella. I had to buy a new one after Friday's repeated umbrella failure and for once I chose a bright, patterned umbrella instead of one in black or another sombre colour. My new one has a rabble* of  blue  Ulysses butterflies against a green, rainforesty background. It made the rain a little easier to bear.

* The internet tells me the collective noun for butterflies is a rabble or swarm, neither of which seems particularly appropriate, if you ask me. A prefer a whisper or a shimmer of butterflies.


2 + 2 + 2 + a worm

On the walk home I saw two green parrots nibbling on grass seeds beside the path, two ducks napping on the bank, two soccer balls bobbing in the water and a magpie standing on one leg as it pulled a really long worm out of the ground.


New music

I saw the John Steel Singers live on Friday night for the first time and was taken with their catchy, melodic pop tunes. I've been listening to Overpass, the first single from their soon-to-be-released debut album, quite a lot over the weekend. It's just so damned jaunty!  (Odd for a song that starts off "He likes to throw bricks from the overpass".) Here tis for your listening pleasure:

No comments: