Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New growth and more macarons


The warm weather we've had recently has finally encouraged the elm trees along the river to sprout leaves. Phew. I was worried years of drought had finally done them in.

In other plant-related news, my spathiphyllum has a new flower. I've been surprised by how much it's flowered considering they can be a bit stubborn when it comes to producing flowers. Check out the green thumb on me. *coughs*

I had two Lindt macaro(o)ns on the way home. One coconut, one vanilla. Yummy scrummy.

1 comment:

a work in progress said...

i am bemused by the difference between macaroons and macarons...apparently there IS a difference (though from what i can gather aside from the *o* the only diff is smoothness of the surface of one's almond-based baked confection.

hmmm.

making meself hungry.

my mama used to bake macaro(o)ns to serve with syllabub, a delectable dessert made from cream, sugar and rose wine (damn my computer for failing at acute accents.pft.)