Monday, October 25, 2010

Contrast, sandwich, koala



I love the contrast of new growth and weathered wood in the picture above. I took it near the old Sandridge Bridge walking home beside the Yarra tonight.

I was taken out to lunch at the RACV Club today, which is always nice, but what made it even better was that the restaurant offered gluten free bread. You don't find that very often. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal to most people, but it was great to be able to eat a sandwich for lunch for the first time in ages. (Unfortunately you can only dine there if you're a member or accompanying a member).

It's taken me a long time, but I've finally developed a taste for Caramello Koalas.

3 comments:

SHM said...

hi there, sorry to be bothering you but I just wanted to say that until now I'd never been all that bothered when someone had left twitter but I discovered last night that you'd deleted your profile and all your tweets. I'm sorry you've left. Hope everything is ok with you. Knew you were having a break, didn't think you'd leave completely. All the best.

(p.s. @mymuses wanted to get in touch with you about inviting you to a Melbourne tweet up, get in touch with her if you're interested)

SHM said...

Oh, lovely picture :-)

Jayne said...

Hi Steve. It's no bother. It's nice to know my absence has been noted. I'll probably come back at some stage, but I need to have a proper break because it was making me feel worse, not better. (I can't resist the temptation to log in if my account is still active.) I'm not missing it as much as I thought though.

Things are going OK. Certainly no worse, but not really a great deal better.

Thanks for passing on the message regarding the tweet up. I'd like to go but I have no way of getting in contact with @mymuses outside twitter. Could you DM my email address to her please? It's jayhoney@hotmail.com. Thanks.