Thursday, October 21, 2010

In the gardens...


Tonight on my walk home I saw some people picnicking by the river with...a cat. As you do.

I detoured through the Botanic Gardens. I watched a hungry duck feeding. It looks like it's having a laugh in the photo above, but it's munching on bugs or weeds or whatever it found in the murky lake. 

I saw the cygnets. They've grown!



I found some strange seed pods.

I sat on a park bench dedicated by a man to his late wife. "Dance me to the end of love," the inscription on the brass plate read. Aww.

5 comments:

abbeysmum said...

Good to see the cygnets are doing well and have not been harmed by stray dogs.
The seed pod is awesome, what a beautiful shape, how big is it ? it looks like some piece of modern sculpture, you could dry it and keep it as a beautiful object for your flat.

Anonymous said...

that is one cheeky looking duck!!

Jayne said...

Hi Abbeysmum. I don't think I've ever seen stray dogs around here, now I think of it! But yes, it's good they haven't coem to any harm. They're not quite as adorable now that they're bigger.

Hey dull boy. He saw he. Makes me chuckle every time I look at it.

Jayne said...

Hello again Abbeysmum. Forgot to respond to the rest of your comment. The seed pod is fairly small - perhaps about the size of a 20c piece in diameter. It was odd because it was in the middle of a flower, albeit a flower that was past its best. You can see the petals in the photo as well. I think I still have it here somewhere. The petals will probably rot and get a bit icky...or maybe I can hang it up to dry like a rose?

Gillian said...

Lovely pics as always. I don't think we have any swans here....at least none I've ever seen (and certainly not babies) it's a real treat to see them in your pics.

Loved the seed pod.

Fancy having a picnic with a cat...I'm assuming it was on a leash? Perhaps they are apartment dwellers and they take their cat out for regular walks. Could have been interesting if a dog came along.
Gill