Monday, November 23, 2009

Yum




I think I've mentioned my allergy elimination diet here before. I won't bore you with the details, but it's been going on for quite a while now and it's not a particularly gleeful experience.

I love food and I don't like not being able to eat what I like, so it's a joy when I make something that is actually nice. My low-allergy potato salad gets the thumbs up. It's only potato, leek, celery and mung bean shoots, which is pretty dull, but the tangy mayonnaise makes it. I've had it with a steak for the past two nights. Tonight's was particularly juicy and tender.  

Oh, of course it's also a joy to be feeling better, although my progress is slow and I have a way to go yet. At least I'm heading in the right direction.

6 comments:

Julian said...

I didn't have dinner that long ago, but I'm going to start feeling hungry again if I keep looking at that description for too long. Sounds yummy! Good to hear you're feeling better. :)

a work in progress said...

thumbs up, girlie! :)

chrome3d said...

Sounds good. Allergies suck until the cause is found.

Jayne said...

Always nice to have a growing list of safe foods you can mix and match ;)

Jayne said...

Hi Jayne. Yes it is, although I'm a bit lazy and tend to keep eating the same things over and over. It's almost impossible nto to because my diet is so restricted. Lucky I have a high threshold for food boredom.

Hey Chrome. Yes, they do. I'm really ready now for the cause to show itself. I've been doing this diet for over 2 months.

Thanks AWIP.

Julian, I cannot possibly believe that you found the description of my potato salad appetising. Celery? Mung bean shoots? Leek? If so, you are strange.

Julian said...

*L* :) It was the steak that did most of it for me, actually! The potato salad doesn't sound -that- bad, although I haven't had to try eating it I guess! ;) (Perhaps not the mung bean shoots, though.)