Monday, November 8, 2010

Fast, flat out, pram dance

Maybe it's because I like my new job, but my work day positively zipped by today. One minute it was 10.30am and then 20 minutes later it was 12.15pm and before I knew it, it was home time. Awesome! (As much as I like the job, I still like not being at work more.)

I ate my lunch in the Treasury Gardens. They're much nicer than the Flagstaff Gardens near my old office. There were lots of workers enjoying the sun, including one man in business attire lying flat on his back with his shoes and socks off. Teehee.

The Federation Bells were chiming when I walked past on my way home. It sounds like discordant clanging to me, but it moved a nearby toddler to a burst of pram dancing.

I read this story on The Age website on Friday night, but forgot to mention it. It's so lovely, it brings a tear to my eye.

1 comment:

Brunswick Girl said...

wow that story is lovely, always great to hear how you don't need copious amounts of money to be happy... in fact it can distract from it.