Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tidy, blue, pale, pretty

Photo taken on my new phone with a vintagey look. Wish my eyes were really that green.
Oh, those are my new specs. Forgot to post a pic before.

I had my eyebrows professionally seen to this afternoon for the first time. They didn't need to be shaped because nature kindly did a fine job of shaping them for me, so the brow girl only tidied them up. It really makes a difference. I can't stop looking at them.

I also got my hair cut and coloured - not quite as short as usual and a little more blue in my blue/black (hey, hold those blue rinse jokes!)

The two women who work in the salon are both from Asian countries (one from Indonesia, not sure about the other). They love my pale skin. It's a pleasant change from being surrounded by women with fake tans who probably look at me and think I could do with a bit of colour.

I walked to a polling booth to vote in the State election this morning. My neighbourhood is staid and lacking cultural diversity, but  damn it's pretty.

(I stayed in this place for a couple of weeks when it was a grungy boarding house.
Now it seems to be a big posh residence.)

And I spotted an old sign. Anyone know what it says? It backs onto Park Street, South Yarra. There's also a P, so it's ....PLES. Do you think it could be Maples, like the old piano store on Swan Street, Richmond? Perhaps this was their factory?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is Maples. It was their warehouse. Local complaints about a warehouse in their midst by local residents saw it closed down. It is now apartments. Great re-use of an old building. I blogged about it eaons ago and added the sign to Our Fading Past. South Yarra wasn't as always as posh as it is now.

Jayne said...

Ha! Go, me! That was just a guess. I'll have to have a closer look.

Leo said...

Well done, Andrew. The other mysterious sign from a few days ago reads: PRESCRITIONS - CAREFULLY PREPARED.

Great blog, Jayne.

Jayne said...

Thanks, Leo. Good to know they weren't slapdash with their prescription filling. Different times, I suppose.

It's nice finding others with an interest in this kind of thing.